Tammy Fox-Isicoff is a former Trial Attorney for the United States Immigration and Naturalization Service and Special Assistant United States Attorney. Tammy has been selected by Best Lawyers as the Best Lawyer in Immigration Law in South Florida in 2012, 2016, 2019 and 2021. Super Lawyers has recognized Tammy as one of the top 50 women lawyers in Florida.
Tammy holds an AV® PreeminentTM Peer Review RatedSM by Martindale-Hubbell® and has been continually listed in The Best Lawyers in America, Chambers Global, South Florida’s Top Lawyers, Super Lawyers and International Who’s Who of Corporate Lawyers. The National Association of Distinguished Counsel has recognized Tammy as being in the top 1% of attorneys in the entire U.S.
Tammy has been a frequent immigration law consultant on the Today Show and Morning Show. She has served as immigration legal consultant to NBC, ABC, CBS, CNBC, FOX and MSNBC. An author and frequent lecturer on all areas of immigration law nationally and internationally, Tammy has served as a legal expert on a number of occasions in federal court, state court, and in Florida Bar disciplinary proceedings.
Tammy has served on the Florida Bar’s Certification Committee for Immigration and Nationality Law (where she has written and graded Florida Bar Certification exams) and is certified by the Florida Bar in Immigration and Nationality Law. She is Past President of the South Florida Chapter of the American Immigration Lawyers’ Association (AILA), and current President of the Latin America and Caribbean Chapter of AILA. Tammy has served on the Board of Governors of AILA National for over 20 years, where she was a member of AILA’s EB-5 committee and currently serves on AILA's Business Litigation committee. Tammy has been the recipient of three AILA Presidential Awards for advocacy on behalf of immigrants. In 2009 and 2015, Tammy was awarded the highest award given by the South Florida Chapter of American Immigration Lawyers Association.
- Immigration and Nationality Law, Florida Bar
- University of Miami School of Law, Coral Gables, Florida
- Honors: Cum Laude
Honors and awards
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Best Lawyers in America and voted the Best Lawyer in S. Florida 4 times
- South Florida Legal Guide, listing
- Super Lawyers
- Chambers Global
- Best Lawyers in the United States, listing
- Top 50 Female Lawyers in Florida, Super Lawyers
- South Florida Business Leader — Women Extraordinaire
Professional associations and memberships
- South Florida Chapter of AILA
- Past President
- National Board of Governors of AILA
- AILA, Media, Congressional and Bar Association Committee
- Past Chair
- Florida Bar's Certification Committee in Immigration and
- Past Member
- American Bar Association Labor/Immigration Committee
- Board of Directors Catholic Charities Legal Services
- U.S. Department of Justice, Trial Attorney
- Southern District of Florida, Special Assistant U.S. Attorney for Immigration
- Private Practice